Multi Trip Travel Insurance is also known as Annual Travel Insurance.
With an annual multi trip you can take unlimited trips in a 12 month period. It is ideal for anyone who takes more than 3 trips a year, especially for anyone with a family because most multi trip insurance allows for up to 4 children for free.
Benefits and advantages of multi trip insurance:
- Take unlimited trips annually. (depending on the insurer, each trip duration limit can range from 30 days to up to 60 days).
- Children are insured for free, usually up to 4 children under the age of 18. Please note that children are covered only if they travel with one of the insured adults.
- Some of the insurers throw in a Free Ski Insurance ranging from 7 days – 21 days annually.
- Few Annual covers provides domestic travel insurance. This usually has a minimum distance and will require a hotel stay as well. The domestic travel insurance cover makes the Multi Trip Insurance even more compelling economically.
- It works out cheaper if you take 3 or more trips a year, especially if you add up all your business and holiday travel cover.
- Multi Trip Insurance cover is ideal for contract workers who have to travel a few weeks at a time on project related work.
Why You Need Travel Insurance
We are most vulnerable when we travel and Trip Insurance is the only way to protect yourself for monitory loss incurred due to circumstances beyond your control. These eventualities can occur at any time before or during travel and its essential to have protection against them. Here are some examples of why you need travel insurance:
- You meet with an accident on the way to the airport and subsequently miss the flight to your non-refundable holiday.
- You or your family member falls ill a few days before the holiday, forcing you to cancel your trip.
- Your baggage is lost or delayed by the airline and you are forced to buy the essentials. In the event it’s lost, the airlines pay very little as compensation, so you need insurance.
- You or your family members meet with an accident or fall ill and require medical attention or surgery whilst on holiday. This can prove to be very expensive depending on which country you are in, especially if it requires medical evacuation.
- You accidentally damage someone else’s property or person and require legal representation and or have to pay 3rd party damages.
- Travel insurance for activity holidays like skiing, etc., where there is a greater change of injury, damage and loss.
- In case your expensive equipment or possessions like jewelry, camera, ski equip, etc., is damaged, stolen or lost.
- You are forced to evacuate because of a natural calamity and lose your possessions in the bargain. Some situations require emergency evacuation as well.
- You and or your family members get food poisoning and needs hospitalization.
- You need someone to fly out to you in the event you are hospitalised.